Thursday 12 February 2009

Disney Classics Custom Collection







After posting scans from the Bambi book I picked up yesterday, and the stream of contemporary vintage work being produced at the moment by designers such as Ward Jenkins, Andy Tan, and others. I'm taking lead from a personal project by Olly Moss, but spinning his concept of videogames to custom Disney Classics artworks using the Penguins Classics grid.

Originally I was hoping to do each of the images from scratch, but decided time wasn't on my side due to the large number of Disney Classics (46). Instead, the approach I took was to find and take screens from the films and then vectorize them in Illustrator, before moving into Photoshop for some final tweaks.


The colour scheme has been taken from the Disney Animation Studios website which was recently updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment