Monday 8 June 2009

Souvenirs Mini-Project Pt 1 - The Pixel Process

All major project work for the year has now been accessed and returned to us. Term however doesn't end for another two weeks so we've been given a bin-work project to occupy ourselves until then. The project asks that we create a souvenir of the seaside.




After making a revisit to some old school work in the last project I thought it would be interesting to re-explore hand rendered pixel art. Instead of looking in grayscale though I've made the jump to colour. I'm working on 1:1 pixel mapping at the moment, so not trying out any of the shading types I did in the self-portrait.

My souvenirs are going to be a series of pixel hand-renderings of photos i've taken in and around the beach over the last week or so. I'm going to scour a few charity shops for a mix of frames as well. If anyone asks I went for pixels because of the juxtaposition made of looking at an image depicting such a selection outdoor activities in a form so often aquainted with digital things...and the pixels are somewhat representative of sand...right?

>_>

<_<

No comments:

Post a Comment